Friday, May 27, 2011

Let them eat cake!


So, the reception was indeed the time for everyone to have a little fun! Our MC, a close family friend, did the most amazing job. The guests were kept laughing all night! The food was absolutely amazing, and surpassed all of our expectations. Unfortunately they stuffed up the order of the tables and my parents were last to eat! By the time mum got to the roast pork they had run out of crackling! She politely made a comment that there was no pork crackling left for the mother of the bride, and the chef hand delivered a full bowl of crackling to my mum, which she absolutely loved!

Once everyone had stuffed their faces, the formalities begun. The speeches were well written, and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. For the first time in my life, my Daddy shed a tear or two! The Best Man's speech was fantastic and my Husband and I are now know by our mashed up celebrity name of Saristopher!! As I had planned as a bit of light hearted fun, we cut the wedding cup cakes to "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Leppard, everyone had a good laugh! Our first dance was an amazing moment, one that I will never forget! The song will no doubt be imprinted in my mind for a long time to come!

Now, to the Bouquet Toss! In all of my excitement to toss the Bouquet, my first attempt was unsuccessful! My bouquet managed to make contact with the light hanging above my head...whoops, my second attempt was much better, with my sister catching the bouquet!

The rest of the night was spent with many hours on the dance floor with all of the girls, singing to many a inappropriate songs, including "shots"......with my poor parents having to listen to their daughters say the F word on multiple occasions, but I wouldn't have had it any other way!!! The night was over way to soon, and we had to say goodbye to all of our family and friends....as we were whisked away to our hotel by a limo!

It was the most amazing day of my life, but over so so quickly. Ladies...when your big day arrives, cherish every moment of it. Take 10 minutes time out with your husband, to have a quiet word, and take it all in! Most importantly, enjoy every minute!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment