Saturday, February 13, 2010

Not a lot of wedding planning has been happening lately...I guess the most exciting thing is that my partner finally found a wedding band that he liked...so we brought it.

I don't know if my partner was being particularly difficult, he was very indecisive and I was sick of the constant "I don't no" answers to every question relating to wedding rings. I would be interested to find out if any other brides to be out there had this same issue with their partners.

The other thing that has been taking up most of my time lately is the need to find and book in a DJ. I am finding that most of the packages and prices are the same and it very hard to decide.....I will keep you posted on the DJ!

4 comments:

  1. We bought matching bands. Adrienne's band had to be made to fit in with her engagement ring so I got one similar, same shape but wider and in 9ct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours don't match because he likes yellow gold...and I like white gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a guy I did my research! I talked to friends who were Married, my Dad and most importantly my Jeweller (yes I have a local Jeweller who I got the engagement ring and other gifts from). I looked at it this way.... See this ring, I am making a commitment for the rest of my life (that’s a long time to wear anything), signified by this ring. In 20, 30 or 50 years what will it look like? How often do I want to wear it? Will it be scratched? Will it still be in fashion? Is it easy to repair? Is it easy to clean? Can I make it shiny again? Can I get it re-sized? I answered all of these questions and came up with a 5mm gold band in 18k Yellow gold with a matching inscription on the inside that I never take off. Tell your Man to it step up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah my partner did the exact same thing mine took three seconds to choose his took 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete