Monday, February 22, 2010

Op Shops!

I am very fortunate to live in an area that has a large amount of Op Shops (Thrift Store). A couple of days ago I was walking past one in particular, and a very old wedding dress caught my eye! Since I didn't really have anything to do....I popped it!

The array of dresses this particular store had was just amazing (nothing I would personally wear) but that is not the point I am trying to make! Some of them were absolutely hideous....which gave me an excuse to have a bit of a laugh....I'm sure they were beautiful in their day. I think If I was on a very very tight budget, or after a dress from a particular era.....Op Shops would definitely be the way to go. If you have a bit of creative flair....which, lets face it, I don't, you could alter the dress to create something gorgeous!

Not only did this store have dresses, they had shoes, bags, veils, jewellery, ring pillows and the list goes on! I must admit the bargain that caught my eye, was multiple packs of cake bags. I was looking into cake bags at one stage before I decided to have cupcakes...but anyway they had 3 packs of 20 for only $2.00 each. They even had gorgeous wedding prints on them!

Since then I have dropped into some other Op Shops just to check out what they have...I will definitely keep looking because you never know what treasure you may find!

No comments:

Post a Comment