Saturday, January 09, 2010

Engagement Party or No Engagement Party...that is the question!

WE'RE ENGAGED!

The first hurdle that we managed to come across after getting engaged was the question...So when are you having the engagement party?

My partner and I agreed from the start that there would be no engagement party. Like a lot of couples out there today, we do not have a lot of money. With a brand new house (and mortgage) we are struggling to put together the funds for the wedding.

We decided to skip on the engagement party, and put the funds that we would have spent on the evening towards the wedding. To us missing out on the engagement party was no big deal... we knew all of our family and friends were thrilled for us!

People still ask me now when the engagement party is. I simply tell them why we aren't having one... and the response that I have had almost every time...is wow that's a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment