Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just because it is cheap, doesn't mean it is NASTY!

One thing I pride myself on is my ability to find a bargain. If you know me, I will never ever pay full price for anything.

Something that I have learnt very early on in the wedding planning is to never underestimate the power of eBay or online shopping.I was on the hunt for olive green & silver organza bags. I looked every where including all of the local $2 shops and spotlight. I eventually found the bags I was looking for...but they wanted to charge me $10 for 10 organza bags....I almost died when I saw the price. One evening I had a brainwave and thought "Oh, I might check out eBay!". Sure enough I found the perfect colour bags and they only wanted to charge me $14.95 for 50!! plus $6.00 combined postage for both sets. I purchased online 100 bags for the price of 50.

I was also on the hunt for the perfect wedding garter. I really wanted it to match the colour scheme of the wedding. I trawled heaps of online wedding stores & the cheapest one I could find was $63.00... & that was just for a keepsake garter. I also wanted a "toss" away garter that matched. After hours later and sore eyes, I found myself on eBay again. I managed to find a seller that hand crafts wedding garters, in the colour/size of your choice! The best thing about this was they make the garter as a set. I managed to get the keepsake and toss garter at a steal for just $23.00 + postage.

There are many more things that I still need like place cards, disposable cameras for the tables, a dilly bag and minor table decorations. I definitely know where I will be hunting for those bargains!

One Last Note: Don't be afraid to negotiate! Vendors want your business...what have you got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment