Saturday, January 09, 2010

The search for the venue begins.....


The date is set! Now the hunt begins for that perfect wedding venue. My partner and I are not religious folk, so we knew we would never be getting married in a Church. For as long as I can remember we have always both wanted a beach wedding. We thought that since he proposed at Mooloolaba....what a great place to get married!!!

After many nights of researching ceremony and reception venues at the sunshine coast..we quickly found out that getting married at the beach may not be something that we can afford. After many discussions around the viability of the beach wedding, we decided that maybe something a little closer to home may be the ticket!

We both have family coming from different states, and even different countries...we needed to take into consideration how far they were travelling, how much it was costing...and how many hotels they may need to stay in!

My one bit of advice for choosing a reception venue.....always read the fine print and always look into what is included in the packages. Many places I looked at only offered the bare essentials, or offered meals on the menu that I couldn't even pronounce. We aren't particularly fancy people, and thought that a buffet menu would suit our stomachs and wallets a bit better!

Just when I thought all was lost, I came across a place that blew me away... THE GLEN...at Eight Mile Plains!!

It included everything plus more than we could imagine....plus the price was absolutely perfect!! The only downside we thought at the time was the location...it is a good 40 minutes drive from where we live...but then again the sunshine coast is even further.

We decided to book it in...I continued to compare The Glen to more places, but nothing I found came remotely close to value for money.

We are getting married at the beautiful gazebo (pictured), with gorgeous views of the creek that runs behind the hotel. The reception will be held in the Heritage room which is very classy and OLD SCHOOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment