Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Brunette's have more fun??

So the time has come for me to finally do something with my hair. Before I got engaged, I had cut all of my hair off, I was so tired of maintaining it and wanted something simple and easy. For the past 14 months I have been trying to grow my hair like crazy, and being budget conscious, I cannot even remember the last time I got my hair professionally cut. In fact I was so desperate I got my lovely Mummy to chop the dead ends off!! I don't know about the rest of you, but I have had some bad experiences with hairdressers in the past. When you tell them to take a small amount off the bottom, commonly known as a trim, you come out with half your hair missing?!? In my haste to avoid this happening, I have avoided the hairdresser altogether!

Normally in winter, I seem to have the tradition of going a darker colour too, and having a lack of funds to treat myself at the hairdresser, I turned to good ol' packet hair colours (which have most definitely done the job for the past 6 months!)

It is now imperative for me to get my ass to the hairdresser, but I have come up against yet another dilemma- do I stick with the dark hair, or do I go lighter?? Foils mean a lot of maintenance, but do I just want one boring colour? So many questions need answering and it sucks when you seem to be happy with both the options. I am now turning to my blog followers and Facebook friends to help me make the choice!! Happy to accept any advice at this point....

3 comments:

  1. I feel very opinionated posting my suggestions but I promise they are just suggestions!!
    I'm not sure what your natural colour is, it if is light or dark, but I think it is lighter? I would suggest going close to your natural colour so as you don't look back on your photos in ten years & go OMG what was I thinking with that hair colour?! You are lucky that both light & dark colours suit you! I would recommend Tahnee at TMH Chermside, before I had extensions, I had my hair cut by her for years & she is fantastic & very particular. I won't see you on your wedding day but I can't wait to see pictures!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS What's going in your bonbonerie bags?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much for the advice! My natural colour is like a mousey light brown, which I was never really into, but I do agree with your thinking! Thanks for the recommendation for the hairdresser as well! Due to our budget constraints we are doing silver and green organza bags, filled with heart shaped chocolates! XX

    ReplyDelete