Monday, January 31, 2011

Wedding Transport

I don't know about other brides to be, but organising wedding transport was something that I left my other half to arrange. To be honest I know nothing about cars, and it was really one less thing I had to deal with...or so I thought!

Transport can be as simple as decorating cars that your friends and family are willing to offer, or as unique as a horse and cart. For me, I really didn't care as long as I could get in and out of it with ease, and it wasn't causing any one too much hassle. We had a number of offers of people who were willing to drive us in either their cars or cars that we were to hire - but the more I thought about this idea the more I didn't like it. Yes, hiring two cars is a hell of a lot cheaper than a stretch limo, but I wasn't into the fact that 2 of our guests were stuck doing the dirty work. I am also a "worrier". I don't like that fact that we are departing on our honeymoon the day after the wedding, and these guys are stuck returning hire cars, trying not to get into an accident or denting the paintwork. So after multiple discussions and I must say an argument of two with the other half, we decided that the hire car option was just not going to work.

So a few tips when looking into wedding transport:

  • The type of transport must be easy for you to get in and out of in your dress/shoes.
  • If you are using a professional, ensure they are registered with the Department of Transport (they will have some sort of certificate).
  • Book well ahead.
  • Ensure your driver has directions to the venue/s.
  • Do they throw in extras like car ribbon and champagne????

With these tips in mind, my partner and I decided to get a whole bunch of quotes for stretch limousines. We decided that we weren't going to do the traditional "wedding procession" i.e my Dad and I travelling separately from my bridesmaids and mum. Instead we are all going to travel together in the one car. This keeps the costs down, and means we all get to hang out with each other on the way to the wedding!

In the end we booked a 7 seat stretch limo-I also got them to throw in car ribbon and any other flowers or decorations we wanted, plus complementary champagne!

No comments:

Post a Comment